I have a quick update (on my lunch break from work) I would like to post to those who are paid up and going to make ocha within a few months to less than 1 year.
1. Take time off from work. Do not plan to go right back after making ocha. If you ever had a bad idea, the decision to go back to work a day or two after making ocha would be your worst idea ever.
2. If you have any doubts about your godparent(s) or padrinos, now is the time to let it all out. Actually before you paid was the time, but this is the final chance right now before you reach the igbodu (sacred ceremonial space). Be honest with them and give them a chance to be clear with you.
3. Follow and focus primarily on all instructions given to you. Again, speak frankly with godparents and find out all that is expected of you when they meet with you to present the instructions. Now is the time to express any questions or concerns.
4. Get real clear about why you want to make ocha. Even if the answer is super simple and not grand at all, at least you know what the importance is for you.
5. After ocha, the people you think will support you can be a disappointment, while those you thought wouldn’t be supportive are your biggest cheerleaders. Don’t predetermine who you think will have your back. You may be unpleasantly surprised.
6. Communication is key throughout the entire process. Now is the time to increase communication and don’t fall into being an introvert (coming from an introvert). Your godparents and yugbona should not be wondering what you are thinking or how you feel. Also, give them space and time to respond. They are very busy getting ready for your ocha. If you feel like you are being ignored, read # 2 again.
7. You have to have absolute faith. If you thought you had faith before, this will be the ultimate test. You are going in blind, but will you allow yourself to be vulnerable in this process? This ties back into # 4 and what you will sacrifice to achieve your goals.
Image: Trust Fall found at https://www.slideshare.net/AIESECIntl/i-others-lead-euro-xpro/26-TrustFall